Center of Technology (COT) PTSB also known as Mechatronic and Robotic Technology Center (MRTC). It is a center where the knowledge as well as technology of mechatronics and robotics been used or applied by:
- Provision of expert service
- Implementation of research and innovation
- Improving the distinctiveness of teaching and learning system
This center serves as the references center in the field of mechatronics and robotic which it will be beneficial to the community, society and the related industries.
Generally, this center is providing the knowledge, expert service and skills set that owned by the PSTB staff in the field of mechatronics and robotic as well as the knowledge development, expertise sharing and proper conduct through the co-operation with the industrial, public and academia sector to produce the maximum impact toward the excellencies of the organization and the graduate student.
The concept of this center could be described in the Figure 1 below. The core activities of the technology center have been explicated by three element that surrounding the COT circle which are:
- Expert Services
- Research and Innovation
- Teaching and Learning
while the outer circle represented four important elements that will be the strength and the determinants of the COT’s accomplishment which are:
Figure 1: Concepts of COT
Vision, Mission and Objective
- To cultivate the expertise sharing, research, innovation as well as high quality teaching and learning system in the field of mechatronics and robotics.
- To intensify the collaboration with the community and the industry that related to the mechatronics and robotics field.
- To intensify the written and publication of the scientific journal that related to the mechatronics and robotics field.
- To enhance the achievement and recognition either locally or internationally in the field that related to the mechatronics and robotics.
- To generate the revenues through the expert service, research and knowledge sharing activities that related to the mechatronics and robotics field.